Saturday, December 4, 2010

Dogs in Zona Antonio de Sousa

So many people have been asking me about whether the Câmara Municipal do Sal can or will remove dogs from any area and in particular this zone that I decided to arrange a couple of meetings to investigate. Here's what I found out:

1. The CM Sal will not remove any dog that is owned, therefore it is in your interest to register your dog (CVE200 at the CM building in Espargos) and to put a collar on them.
2. There is no legal requirement to keep your dog inside your house.
3. Placing poison in a public place is a crime since it endangers human health. This applies to individuals as well as to institutions. I will help anyone to start the legal process if there is evidence of a dog or cat being deliberately poisoned.

In Zona Antonio de Sousa I believe that there are no unowned dogs, so there is no reason to be fearful.

This is the official information that I have been given from sources that I feel are reliable, but remember where we live - anything could happen, so my advice is to be cautious and watchful.

In addition, it is reasonable for people to expect us to minimise the disturbance or nuisance caused by our animals, and as responsible dog owners it is in our, and our animals, best interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment