Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Still silence from RIU

Frustratingly RIU Hotels are still ignoring our requests for an honest and open discussion about their policies regarding dogs on the beach outside their hotel in Sal. Yesterday I sent a letter to Sr Guell, the owner of the group, explaining the situation and asking them to be courteous enough to reply - this time with not just a standard letter (which is still being sent out calling me "Mrs Costello").

The most pertinent question is what they intend to do about the two dogs that have taken up residence on the beach, attracted by the affection (and no doubt food as well) given them by guests.

This is no joke. The Rangers have been trying to chase them away but without any assurance from RIU locally or at head office, how do we know that these dogs won't be poisoned or otherwise 'dealt with'?

1 comment:

  1. dear jacquie, i signed in in your blog. You know I'm working hard in Sao Vicente to fight against the same practice of poisoning dogs at night . I'm negotiating now with the Camara Municipal and the Ministerio de Saude to transit towards castrating... As soon as I can I'll try to send vets to Sal as well. As you know, the problem is always to finance this kind of activities. Hope to be able to help you. Unfortunately I don't have time now to write much more.

    ReplyDelete